Price Pfister kitchen faucet leaks- need Model info

Users who are viewing this thread

hjandjc

Reaction score
I have a PricePfister kitchen faucet installed by the builder during fall of 2001. The faucet is leaking onto sink top from base of faucet. Also, water is leaking into the cupboard below .

I am not sure of the exact model #.Attached are some pics of the unit. Please let me know the model # and also advise how to stop the leak. Is it a problem with the cartridge? Also, I see that the retainer ring holding the cartridge is made of plastic and how do I remove the retainer ring?

Any help appreciated

PF kitchen faucet1.jpgPF kitchen faucet opened with leaking hole.jpgPF kitchen faucet opened view.jpg. Thanks

Jay

hjandjc

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Appreciated.

Based on the parts break down I will need the cartridge Part # 974-035 and the retainer nut 941-711. It appears the plastic nut # 931-900 has now been replaced with brass nut Part # 941-711. I have searched local Home depot, Lowes and Ace hardware for the above parts with no luck. I am not able to find both parts from the same source over the internet. Most of the sources have the cartridge but not the nut. PF has both, but quotes an arm and a leg for shipping only. Any suggestion? Thanks

http://s7d1.scene7.com/is/content/Pfister/ex-538-01

this may help. just use pliers gently to remove the white ring. due to failure of the finish in places, consider just replacing this faucet with a new one

Last edited:

hjandjc

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am not the first owner. That's why I decided to replace only the parts.

I emailed the pics to pricepfister@custhelp.com <pricepfister@custhelp.com> which bounced. Who do I send the pics to? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Show Pfister a picture of the deteriorated finish. Shipping for a new faucet will be the same as for the parts, about $9.00.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Call Pfister and tell customer service the finish on the faucet is deteriorating. THey will tell you where to send the pictures. Possibly to Wendy Morrow.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks