(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Air gap faucet install

Default Air gap faucet install

I recently purchased a reverse osmosis filter system which has an air gap faucet. The existing hole in our quartz countertop is 1.5". The faucet requires a hole up to 1.25". The base of the faucet does not cover the hole in the quartz. Where would I find some type of escutcheon that i can mount this faucet on to reduce the size of the hole? Is there something else I can do to make this work?
    Last edited by Scott Kayser; 10-28-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Cheap way: get a hole plug with the finish you want. Drill or punch a hole in it. Does the faucet really need a 1-1/4 inch diameter hole? I would have thought a smaller hole would work.

You could look around the sink drain fittings. Maybe you could find a slip joint nut that would be used.

Fancier way: buy a new RO socket that is made for 1-1/2 inch hole. Some are not so expensive. Some have built-in TDS sensors.
    Last edited by Reach4; 10-28-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Thanks. The hole can be as small as 1". I was trying to do this on the cheap, but a new faucet may be the best answer. I think I'll try the hole plug first.