Cost of a new well pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Bizloanman

Reaction score
Okay my well pump gave out over the weekend. It's a three quarter horse power in 120 foot shaft. Considering a fiull install - the pump, the installation, ancillary parts, new wiring, new well head and bolts [town wants it vented now], new gauge on the holding tank as well as the electrical switch-how much would this cost? I live in North Jersey where everything is expensive. I'm thinking about $2000 would be fair or is this high?

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You can find ¾ HP pumps on the Internet for $350. Add another $500 for wire, pipe, and a well seal. So you could do this yourself with everything new for about $800. Most installers will sell for about twice their cost. It always pays to get several quotes.

Bizloanman

Reaction score
It would seem taht I may be able to do it myself but I do not like to mess with the combo of electricity and water. So if $1600 gets a pro install and I should add a new pressure gague and electrical switch for the holding tank that might run another 100. Keep in mind I live in North NJ whare everything is expensive I guess I should ecpect $2000?

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
$2000.00 sounds pretty fair.

When you stop and think about how much water you will use over the life of the pump and do the math, you will see that a private water system is the least expensive thing you will ever own.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks