Help with Identifying Tub Faucet Brand/Model

Users who are viewing this thread

Lisa Jones

Reaction score
Our tub handle broke off last week, and since then, we have been on a bit of a quest to identify the make and model of it to get a replacement handle.

Pics included... the most unique identifying feature, in my opinion, is the "Hot" and "Cold" words written in cursive writing.

Any help identifying this would be great! And if that's not possible, what are my easiest options to fix this problem?

THANKS!

Attachments

• BJones_handle2b.jpg
    BJones_handle2b.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,297
  • BJones_handle1a.jpg
    BJones_handle1a.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,326
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,467
  • BJones_handle3a (1).jpg
    BJones_handle3a (1).jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,411

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The picture of the plate is confusing, I would assume your picture of the plate is sideways, unless they installed the faucet on its side, but the screws are oriented for a proper installation. It would be better if we could see what is under the plate, since that is a better indicator of the manufacturer than the handle or plate. Delta is one company that uses a "D" shaped stem, BUT, if your bottom picture is correct, it appears that the set screw does NOT contact the flat spot on the stem, although the appearance could be wrong due to some distortion in the picture.

Last edited:

Lisa Jones

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I think I managed to identify the brand by finally finding a brand name on the sink faucet. The two look very similar so I assume there is a great chance that they are the same brand. Well, that brand is Foremost, who no longer make many faucets at all and who tell me they don't have any faucet parts anymore. REALLY wish the previous owners had used one of the more reputable brands.

What are my options now? Will the Universal kits that Pfister sells do the trick? I have very little knowledge of all this and I would love to keep this a very simple DIY job if possible. Very simple!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
NO on any interchangeable parts.

Foremost is a Canadian (chinese) company, into toilets and other fixtures. They make the HD Glacier Bay toilets. Don't know if it is the same company as your faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks