Granite Countertop for a vessel bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

CHOSEN

Reaction score
I just received my special order countertop, for my vessel bowl, from LOWES. I notice that the hole that was drilled for the drain, is not located at the center of the countertop. The hole is in the center as far as the x-axis (left to right) is concerned, but the y-axis (from the wall, to where I'd be standing), is off by at least 2". The hole is closer to where I'm standing. I put the vessel bowl on the countertop, and I notice that the edge of the bowl, is about 1" from the edge of the countertop. Is that normal, or should I bring the countertop back to LOWES? Please advise.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You normally need some extra room behind the bowl for the faucet, whether it is in the counter or coming out of the wall, so it may be offset towards the user a bit.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The opening for the drain depends on the size of the sink AND where you want to locate it. There is no "generic" location, so either you bought a sink and top combination, or someone must have told Lowe's where to put it. As mentioned, there has to be provision for the faucet whether at the back on to the side, unless you have a wall mounted faucet, in which case, that also affects the sink location.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks