Can you identify this faucet reseating tool?

Users who are viewing this thread

gohan

Reaction score
Could anyone please help me identify this fitting/coupling and it's use? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Gizmo%20001.jpgGizmo%20004.JPGGizmo%20002.JPG

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is the "guide" for a faucet reseating tool. It is tapered on both ends so it will "catch" and center itself on a variety of faucet openings. A picture of mine would have the reseating tool through it because I keep them together.

Attachments

• brasscraft_t165.jpg
    brasscraft_t165.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 338
Last edited by a moderator:

gohan

Reaction score
I don't think so, if it were just the top part I could see it. If you turn the top part over, it will thread into the bottom part. The bottom piece actually swivels.
Gizmo 003.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The picture that was added to my previouse posting is a "simple minded" version. The one you have is from a "Sexauer" faucet rebuilding kit. It is a more "precise" version and adapts to more valves. With the entire kit, you can do a better job of actually reseating valves rather than just make "flat" surface. Mine is from the 70s but I imagine it is still made.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks