High Recovery Gas Atmospheric

Users who are viewing this thread

BSF

Reaction score
I am replacing an 11 year old Maytag (by State) 50 Gallon Gas Atmospheric water heater that has 52,500 BTU/H with First Hour Rating of 96 and Recovery of 60.1. Any suggestions on an appropriate replacement which will give me similar performance. This has been a very reliable heater but it is at the end of its expected life. Provides plentiful hot water. Love this forum (pardon the pun). It has been very helpful in the past.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
All you need is a heater with the same capacity and similar BTU input. Bradford White has 50 gallon heater with 50,000 btu input, but it is not the one normally stocked. Other companies have similar units so it depends on who has a heater that meets your needs. A heater is at the "end of its expected life" when it starts leaking, whether that is after 1 year or 20. I do not replace a heater until it starts leaking, or has other major problems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks