Blanco faucet install

Users who are viewing this thread

Big2bird

IBEW Electrician
Reaction score
They just installed my granite counters last night, and today I am trimming it out to finish. I am using this faucet;http://www.blancoamerica.com/inter/...RIDIAN_SEMI_PROFESSIONAL/Spec_Page/440557.pdf

I have never installed a faucet in granite, and am a little concerned. They give you 2 mounting kits, and a #17 reinforcement. So my question is, do I need that #17 part? (I would have to hog the plywood underneath out more):mad:, or is that for direct mounting to SS rim? How tight should I torque this deal? If it cracks, you may read about me on the news as postal.

Attachments

• blanco_meridian.jpg
    blanco_meridian.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 8,548
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The only thing that's important with a granite countertop, is that you are fastening the faucet either to the granite, or the stainless sink.

If the granite is laid over plywood, then you will need to cut out the wood from below the granite. That is most easily done by drilling a 1/4" hole from the top, and then going underneath and using that hole as a pilot for your hole saw. Eye protection and a lot of grumbling will help.

A faucet can not be tightened onto wood; it compresses and it will be a constant chore re-snugging it.

If the faucet is installed on granite, you may not need the plastic triangle for added stiffness. On Stainless, you will want it for sure. If you have room for the triangle on the granite, use it. The more the better.

Big2bird

IBEW Electrician
Reaction score
Thank you Terry. The granite hole is 1 3/8", they bored the plywood sub top about 2 1/2" concentric first, so I have a good clearance. Just not enough for the triangle deal. Just seems like a small "purchase" of the clamp to me.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It won't take a guy like you long to try it though. I would slam that sucker on, and see how it works, and then worry about it.

It's sweet that the counter guys gave you the large cutout on the plywood.

Big2bird

IBEW Electrician
Reaction score
It won't take a guy like you long to try it though. I would slam that sucker on, and see how it works, and then worry about it.

It's sweet that the counter guys gave you the large cutout on the plywood.

They were terrific installers. I'll go jamb it in, and see how it fares. Thank you for your suggestions. J

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
qutoe: Do not forget the stainless putty under the faucet

They have a "O" ring in the mounting kit so he doesn't need it, and sometimes putty creates a "slippery" surface and that can cause the faucet to "rotate" when the spout gets sticky.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks