Blue water pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rayh78

Reaction score
1950 built house.
At sometime sewer and water line replaced both in same trench.
Sewer is ABS.
Water line is some type of blue poloy pipe. Was is it?
A light color blue and not like the old blue/grey quest pipe.
Was connect with a barb fitting and hose clamp just like I have seen with the black poloy pipe used for main water lines.
Looks and feels like the black poloy pipe but a blue color.

thanks

boardable

Reaction score
This is most likely PEX. Look it up. A very neat set up. I prefer copper but most likely the previous owner had a re pipe done in PEX for cost.

Rayh78

Reaction score
This is most likely PEX. Look it up. A very neat set up. I prefer copper but most likely the previous owner had a re pipe done in PEX for cost.

Pretty sure it is not Pex. I used a lot of that. And the blue is a lighter color from the blue pex I have seen.

All I know for sure is that it was installed before 1999.
Looks, cuts and feels just like the black poloy pipe I have used as water main lines to meter. Just never heard of it coming in a light blue color.

I just finished splicing into it as I needed to extend it under the house. Used the same barb union as the black well pipe.
Was galvinized from 3 ft out from foundation running thru crawl space to main shut off.

kookla50

Reaction score
Could youplease look at my post from yesterday and tell me if this is the same pipe you were talking about. Blue outside black inside. Thanks

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are a few guys up here that use a light blue poly type pipe for the lines from the well to the house, it connects just like black poly with an insert fitting and double clamps. I think it is rated for 200 psi.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks