Well pump failure and electrical question. 1/2hp Goulds pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
"my parent's pump and motor were blown to hell."

I'd like to see pics of that! I've seen motors with holes blown in them and with the seams split, but never a wet end.

DeepWell

Reaction score
The 5 amp draw is running amps. The locked rotor amps will be much higher, hence the need for 15 amp breaker.

I don't know what you mean by "wire tie the two wires". I like to use Marr connectors without any tape.

Marr%20Connector.jpg

Those are nice! I'm going to look for those here.

DeepWell

Reaction score
@LL I'm trying to figure out what is so difficult about splicing wire with shrink kits or cutting the tape that holds the wire to the drop pipe.

@Frank, while I appreciate your wanting to get as much use as possible out of your old pump, Murphy's Law states that it will quit at the most inopportune time, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day.....

You got that right, mine quit just before everyone showed up for my kids birthday party....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks