recirc pump installed & now no pressure on the refrigerator water dispenser

Users who are viewing this thread

Meltbg

Reaction score
We had a new water heater installed at the same time. We had a lot of air in the lines and some rust colored water came out of the bath tub after the install. Do I need a new water filter in the fridge or maybe the line needs cleaning?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Lot's of rust?
Anytime an old house is turned off and on with galvanized piping you run that risk.
Most filters are rated for about six months, so I'm guess that was due anyway.

If the home is copper, and you had rust from the tub spout, it may be that the spout was installed with galvanized pipe nipples, which will last as long as the tub, but will spot a bit of rust in the morning.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Not enough information to give a good answer. Is the filter in the line to the refrigerator, or is it integral with the refrigerator? IF it is integral, remove it and replace it with the "plug" that came with the refrigerator and see if the flow increases. If it does, replace the filter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks