Is my Laundry room drain relocation to Code in Alberta?

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Take a look at your santee on the upper re-vent.
That needs to be turned, same as in this photo here.

washer_rough_b.jpg

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
so just the arm is wyed backwards? everything else looks good?>

I guess you missed my point on dry fitting. Your cut lengths will be too short if you measured and fitted the pipe dry.

The black pipe you are using is NOT PVC, it is ABS!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hey, he will find that out soon enough. You can't dry fit. The pipe and fittings only slide together after the solvent has been applied to hub and pipe and then slid together with a twisting motion.
Black DWV, ABS, and ABS glue
White DWV, PVC and PVC glue

Supracar865

Reaction score
Sorry Im an electrician, I guess my terminology is off. I understand that these fittings will not be fitted all the way with my dry fitting them. I dont see it being a problem other than my attachment to the existing vent, everything else has some movement to make sure its all fitted together.? I feel like im missing something here. This doesnt seem all that different from Electrical conduit pvc i run,.

Also i did measure my cuts to the back of where they will be fully seated in the bell ends of each piece, so once glued and fully seated they should be right where they need to be

I see what you are talking about with the upper sanitee on my re-vent, I totally missed that...makes sense though with that orientation

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks