(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matching Whites

Smile

Gee guys, thanks for the tips!

We indeed have more chances to pick a "texture" in the wall tiles than to add a "texture" to the wall paint.

Wheter the tiles texture is within the material (such as bumps), caused by their cut (such as diamonds) or, more simply, within their color.

Thanks again!

Question Crane whites & Steel vs. China

Hello,

Could someone tell me about Crane whites? Are the following assumptions correct?

CRANE WHITES

a) Crane white = Toto "Cotton white" = Kohler white and several other companies' white = acrylic white

b) Crane soft white = Toto "Colonial white" = American Standard white and some others

ENAMELLED STEEL vs. CHINA

c) White enamel might be more stable from an item to another one than china, since the latter can vary because of its content

d) In other words, will there be less chances for a enameled white to be greyish?

We know that china is better (looks and quality), but we might have to buy the same ol' sink because of the way the countertop has been cut... and since this replacement will be temporary. :-)

Thank you and have a nice day!

Unhappy Toto whites and acrylic white

Help!

A sales person told us that an acrylic bath is "Toto cotton white"
    While another one told us that it is "Toto colonial white"

Who's right?

We have to get a Crane sink and have to decide between "Crane white" and "Crane soft white"... Sigh.

Thanks!

Cotton White
    Last edited by Terry; 04-28-2009 at 09:31 AM.

Default Will receive Toto white samples

Hi,

a) A third salesperson told me that we should pick Toto Colonial White besides an acrylic bath (Neptune's that is).

b) And confirmed that we should then pick Crane Soft White

To be 100% sure, I emailed Toto and they will send sample (I saw a post about this). By the way, Toto replied within 24 hours: super service.

Once received, I'll let you know which Toto white looks best with acrylic.

Default Duravit vs Toto White?

While on the subject, does anyone know what white I'd need to pick from Toto in order to match Duravit's "white"? Apparently Duravit only has 1 shade of white. This would be for a Toto toilet and Duravit sink located right next to each other.

Thanks,
    Tony Alvarez

Default Duravit White might be Toto Cotton White

From what I have learned so far...

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Toto has a chart on their website that compares their colors to some of the major fixture manufacturers. Did you check there?

Unless built in the same factory, color matching is a crap shoot...they just aren't the same. Close, but not exact. So, don't be bummed out if they aren't exact. If that is not an option, buy them all from the same manufacturer - then, and only then, will you have a leg to stand on if they don't match.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Default Duravit vs Toto white

Perfectionist:

Just curious how you are concluding that Toto's cotton white might be close to Duravit's white? I searched the internet high and low with no info to be found. Toto doesn't know, Duravit doesn't know, and I emailed online retailers that carry both brands, and they either don't answer or refer me to the manufacturer. I'm not doubting you... just trying to get to the bottom of this

Thanks,
    Tony

Cotton White
    Last edited by Terry; 04-28-2009 at 09:31 AM.

Alvarto,

I indeed haven't found this information anywhere neither... Thankfully, I wrote "might" in my post title! But I should have written "deducted" instead of "learned". Sorry, English is not my first language...

- Colonial White is said to be "warmer" than Cotton White
    - I've seen Colonial White and it's not blueish at all. I haven't seen Cotton White yet.
    - Colonial White is said to fit nicely with American Standard White. I suppose it's true, since it's slightly warmer (hint of beige, I'd say) than acrylic. I saw this in natural light.
    - I *think* that Duravit's white is "colder" than American Standard's white

So I suspect that with Duravit's white, an ok pick *might* be Cotton White

But then again... one has to see it. It depends of the lighting, of the surface plan, etc., as other -- and senior -- members have posted here.

That's why I asked Toto some samples. Once I will have received them, I promise, as per a previous post, that I'll put them aside some other companies' whites and report in this thread.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Perfectionist; 03-26-2007 at 04:10 PM.

Perfectionist, thanks for the quick reply

Usually there is enough seperation between tub, toilet, and sink that your whites differences won't be noticable. Due to lighting, shadows, and other colors in the room, even if they were identical they may not look exactly the same once they are in place.

Default Porcher white

Can anyone tell me how Porcher white compares with Toto cotton white?