Toto Aquia II with two 45 degree elbows and flange height???

Users who are viewing this thread

Curtis Myers

Reaction score
Hi - I'm installing a Toto Aquia II toilet in a washroom that I'm renovating and in order to position the toilet where I need it, I need to use two 45 degree elbows. (See picture.) I was going to use an offset toilet flange but this doesn't get me to where I need the toilet. It would work but it wouldn't be perfect. Will I have any issues with plugging/flushing with the two 45 elbows?

Two other questions:
1. Install instructions for the toilet state you can't use the toilet with a double sanitary tee / sanitary cross, and can only use the toilet with a double combination WYE / 1/8 bend. Is this true or simply a guideline??? Note: I'm going to have approximately 12" of horizontal pipe from toilet location to main stack.

2. Toilet flange: I've read too many opinions on height of toilet flange: above, below, flush, etc. I'm going to settle with my flange flush to the top of tile and at most it will be 1/8" higher than tile (and likely 1/8" lower.) Note: I live in Canada and saw that someone mentioned code is in Canada is flush or an 1/8" above.

Thank-you for your input,
Curtis. IMG-20121125-00513.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The two 45's are much better then using an offset flange.

I wouldn't worry too much about the height. Do what you can, and the rest is taken care of by wax.

The Aquia has a 2" flush valve. It isn't going to make that much difference on the cross. The toilets with a 3" flush valve are more of an issue. They flush with enough force to skip across the cross fittings and up the other side.

Curtis Myers

Reaction score
Thanks Terry! Exactly the answer I was hoping and expecting. Your forum is great and one that I've looked at many times. And if I lived in your hometown you would definitely be my plumber. Thanks again....Curtis.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Since this is apparantly all new, why not install the flange where it was designed to be -on TOP of the FINISHED floor? Yes, it will work elsewhere, but it is designed for one place. On retrofits, it often is ignored, and ends up lower than design because they don't want to move it, but you have the chance to do it right.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks