Sewage and drainage lines planning

Users who are viewing this thread

Shafeeq A Chaduhary

Reaction score
Dear Sir,

I need to install drainage line and sewage line for my 2 story home Ground floor and first floor. Ground floor has 4 bathrooms and one kitchen and the same in first floor. One Bath in the East, 3 baths in the south at the back side and kitchen in the West side.
The line rout is 65 feet from North to south, turn to West and run 50 feet and the turn to North and run is 100 feet. the total
length of each line is 215 feet. All pipe will run around the building. Kindly let me know the size I am thinking for 6 inches diameter.
Also I need to know slope for each length. Do I need to make access point on the 100 feet side.

With best regards,
Shafeeq

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That is a very large "U" shaped sewer system and usually there would be a more direct route. You do need cleanouts at 100' maximum, 75' is better, but since you also need them at each turn, that will take care of the 100' section. 6" is too large.

Shafeeq A Chaduhary

Reaction score
That is a very large "U" shaped sewer system and usually there would be a more direct route. You do need cleanouts at 100' maximum, 75' is better, but since you also need them at each turn, that will take care of the 100' section. 6" is too large.

Hi HJ
Thank you for your suggestions. If 6 inch dia. is too large what size you recommend. Please also give me slope for sewage and slope for drainage line.
With best regards,
Shafeeq

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
4" is large enough for 4 bathrooms. You need 1/4" per foot slope, which means your line needs to drop 4 1/2 feet over the length.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
4" can be installed with 1/8" slope so the minimum distance needed would be 26" for that distance. The actual amount you use can be anything over that depending on the parameters of your installation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks