Wireless cameras

Users who are viewing this thread

Rshackleford

Reaction score
Website
www.agriindustries.com
I am looking into getting a wireless video monitoring system. Has anyone worked with any of the off the shelf type that are out there. I am looking at the ones that link up with my wireless g router.

How is the video?

How is the setup?

Any recommendations?

Speedbump

Reaction score
I have several of the X-10 cameras, that Jadnashua mentioned. The quality isn't that great, but it is color and you can get them with sound. The good thing is the price. Their website is a little overbearing and they will bombard you with ads until you block them. But for the money, they get the job done. They simply plug into the input on a TV set. I bought a cheap TV at Walmart for less than $100.00 and mounted it on a wall in our screen room to watch the front gate for visitors.

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
The video quality is not the best. The camera has been out in the weather here in Florida for 4.5 years and still going strong. When the sun is low in the sky the quality is very good, but when the sun is beating down on it, the picture gets washed out almost completely. When a vehicle gets right under it, the quality improves quite a bit.

For the money, they are great IMO. Just look at some of the other cameras out there. This one is wireless too. Good for 100 feet. Mine is 175 feet away from the receiver and looks through a corner of my house.

bob...

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they sell to end users, but you may want to take a look at www.supercircuits.com.

I have never used them for CCTV items but keep getting their catalog.

I have dealt with Smarthome pro division for at least 15 years. Nice folks for home automation type products, have a new product line Insteon. Hot item, just installed close to 30 of them.

Paul

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks