Final (Hopefully) installation pictures of cross, control valve, pressure tank, pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks good to me also. I thought you had a multi-stage jet pump but it's just a single stage so disregard some of the things I said in previous posts on how much jet pressure to run. Also it's hard to tell from the photos but are you sure it's 2.5" casing? Looks more like regular 2".

Hope it keeps working.

Schimko

Reaction score
Where my casing starts, 6 feet below the ground is 2.5" I had to get a bell adapter that goes from 2.5" to 2" to adapt to the new pitless adapter. Then everything from the pitless to the basement is 2" I primed everything on saturday and turned the pump on... nothing. Odd part is it only took about 5 gallons before it wouldnt take any more. I unhooked the pump as far as the last two vertical pipes. I could feel water in them 2 pipes. So I let it sit like that until this morning. In my water pipe I can still feel the water but in my casing pipe i can no longer feel water like it all drained out. Does that mean my leathers aren't sealing? Im going to fill my casing with more water tonight and hook everything back up and give it a try again...

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
It can be very difficult to get something like that set-up completely free of all air. One little bubble or pocket will keep you from running. I would keep trying to prime etc. If you have a suction leak it's game-over.

Good luck to you and I hope you get it going. Must be a lot of work to pull all that out in the basement and then go back in. Might be time to consider upgrading to a 4" or 5" well with a submersible pump. Your old well is probably on it's last legs anyways so I wouldn't spend too much more time or money repairing it.

Schimko

Reaction score
Yea the whole reason I am doing this is because I cant afford a new well. I had a good friend help during the initial pull but now with all of your help I'm kind of winging it so to speak. So I'm kind of glad to hear that its hard to get all the air out of these systems. Hopefully that is the reason I cant get water to move. I'm going to fill up my pipes, hook the pump back up, put some water in the pump and try it again tonight... Thanks again.

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Since you're casing already goes to 2" why not switch out the casing adapter to an AWJ2? Much easier to connect and it has a plug on top that helps with getting rid of the air.

Schimko

Reaction score
Hooked everything back up and with the help of my buddy got water to move thank god. BUT were not understanding the whole control valve thing. In the pump installation book it says that I need to have 32 psi coming out of my control valve. This means that I will only have 32 psi going to my pressure tank. That sound right? Also where I have my pressure gauge now does not read pressure after my control valve. So according to my book I have to plumb in a pressure gauge after the control valve and before the tank. Other thing is, does it matter how much pressure I have going down my casing? The last thing we did last night was take my plug out of my well head and put my gauge in there. That has the same psi as my pump is putting out, 50 psi. This is the whole reason we were having issues in the first place (we think). Does that have to be lower? Porky- I have 2.5" leathers on my injector.

Here is the link to my Pump book. page 4 and 5 talk about my control valve and page 8 has the recommended psi reading.

http://c0028703.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/Web%20Site%20Content/Jet%20Pumps/SJ%20Deep%20Well%20Jet/SJ%20Installation%20&%20Operation%20Manual.pdf

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
After the tank pressure equals jet pressure the tank pressure is the same as jet pressure. The jet pressure only needs to be controlled when the tank pressure is low, as in when you're first filling it or the tank goes empty from use. Confused? No need to really over-think it. The control valve only keeps the pump efficient at lower pressures.

I am also curious as to how you got the 2.5" leathers down past the 2" piece and into the 2.5". In the past I have went up to 3" to make it a much easier ordeal.

Schimko

Reaction score
Understandable. But what about the 50 psi going down my casing? Is that ok? is that too much? what is it suppose to be? That part is what i dont understand I guess.

Thats kind of a trick to do. We put 20 feet of pipe down with the jet and foot valve and hold them at the bottom with vise grips. Then we slide the bell adapter over the pipe along with the pitless casing. Using a tractor and loader on engine hoist we then chain up the top of the 20' feet of pipe and remove the vise grips. Tighten up the pitless casing with adapter and we are good to go. Its only hairy for a couple seconds. I wouldve went to 3" if I couldve found one I guess. Only pitless I could find near me was the one I got.

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Trust me, I understand the process as I have done it many times working the smaller section onto the larger one. Why would you need a pitless if the pump/well is in your basement?

Don't worry about your jet pressure, there is nothing you can do about it at this point. If you feel that wary about it turn the pressure down on the pressure switch to 40/20. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Either it will work or it won't.

Schimko

Reaction score
Pump is in my basement well is outside about 10 feet to the west.

So whatever the pump is pushing out that bottom port which is going to my casing, that's just what its going to be? So 50psi could be normal?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks