Jet pump pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Sam Downing

Reaction score
I just replaced my 1/2hp jet pump with a1/2hp new pump, and the expansion/pressure tank (25gal) with similar size. I am drawing water, but only enough to run a single faucet and not enough to reach the second floor or power the first floor shower. The switch is set 20-40 as factory settings and the pressure tank is 25lbs. To increase my pressure is it simply increasing the switch settings to 40/60? That's where the trigger points were on the previous pump. My gauge is currently reading 25lbs.
Thanks for your help

Sam

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Yes all you need to do is increase the pressure switch setting. That is as long as your new pump can build that much pressure. You don't want to get close to the "max" pressure that pump can build.( check the pump specs) Depending on which 1/2 HP you have, the max pressure might only be 60 PSI. Which means you don't want to set the pump to shut off any higher than about 55 PSI.

Sam Downing

Reaction score
Yes all you need to do is increase the pressure switch setting. That is as long as your new pump can build that much pressure. You don't want to get close to the "max" pressure that pump can build.( check the pump specs) Depending on which 1/2 HP you have, the max pressure might only be 60 PSI. Which means you don't want to set the pump to shut off any higher than about 55 PSI.

I called the vet for a house call in the morning.
I'll enjoy a cold beer with my feet up til then.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks