(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Best way to pipe in PEX/New bathroom?

Threaded View

Default Best way to pipe in PEX/New bathroom?

Trying to get the supplies together for a remote 2nd home, so I don't know all the specifics I'm dealing with. I will be adding a sink and toilet, and relocating a shower. I was planning on using PEX for the first time, and wondering what size to use. I had planned on branching off of the existing 1/2" line, but researching appears that this won't be adequate, although right now I have no issues with water pressure. I'm not sure what my main supply line size is (obviously, I'll need to figure that out). Regardless, I won't be replacing the main line unless I have major issues--the rest of the pipes are easy enough to get to. Given that, IF I have a 1/2" main, would I be better off installing a PEX manifold with 1/2" ports, or using 3/4" PEX off of my existing 1/2" feeder? Or something different?

Water pipe sizing
    Last edited by Terry; 11-13-2012 at 08:55 AM.