Toilet Supply Line

Users who are viewing this thread

KShirriff

Reaction score
My question is...is it OK to rough in the water supply to the toilet on the right side , to hide it in the corner of the bathroom even though the hook up is on the left side?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can put it where you want, but you might have trouble finding a supply hose long enough. If it's placed optimally, often it's very hard to see on the 'normal' side while still being accessable when needed.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Forgive me for asking, it's really none of my business, but why are worried that the water supply to the toilet might be visible? Everyone has a toilet and I know of no one that tried to hide the supply line. Put it on the left side as you face the toilet where it belongs. Use a chrome cover around the pipe and a nice chrome 1/4 turn valve with a flex supply line of appropriate length.

KShirriff

Reaction score
I know... trying to build my own house and trying to make sure everything is almost perfect...don't want any " wish I had done that diferrent" situations.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you don't like the look of the flexible supply hoses, you could always plumb it with chrome (or whatever finish) plated brass solid line - this is thinner and potentially 'neater' looking than a flexible supply line. that takes more skill and maybe a tubing bender to get the things to line up without kinking the tubing, but those are cheap (takes more skill and time, though).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks