Delta electric touch faucets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sarah Jorgenson

Reaction score
Another dumb question--but these look pretty cool. Anyone have experience? I like the idea of using my wrist to power them on and off easily. Thanks guys.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We've installed a few for customers. It does seem like a good idea. I've never liked the idea of grabbing a faucet handle when my hands are needing to be rinsed off. A single handle lets you move it with your wrist, but the touch faucets go a step farther.

Towers Plumbing

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have one and it takes some time to get used too. You need to learn how to handle the faucet and spray head if you are just moving or swiveling the spout so you don't constantly turn it off and on. One interesting feature we found is that the faucet has an automatic shut off built into it. I think its like 2 minutes and the faucet shuts itself off if you haven't touched it.

Jcanavera

Reaction score
Just curious. My wife is gung ho wanting either the Delta Touch or the Moen Motionsense kitchen faucet. The Moen has two motion sensors that can activate the water flow vs. having to touch the Delta. From what I finding on Internet searches, the Delta looks like its been more problematic.

One think I like about the Moen is that the handle on the faucet allows you to use it without activating the motion sensor. The bad side is that the water temperature flowing from the Moen when using the motion sensor has a fixed temperature that is adjusted through a box you mount on the wall. That means if you fill a glass using the motion sensor the water is the same temperature as the water you wash your hands with. While that box will allow you to adjust the hot/cold water mix, I still consider it a one size fits all. It looks like you can use the handle on the Delta to adjust the water temp, but at that point you have grabbed the handle and you then have to touch the faucet spout to activate the flow. And if the Delta touch system fails, you have no water, whereas the Moen handle will override the sensor system.

Personally I don't want either, but on the other hand I think I'll have to get one or the other to keep my wife happy. Anyone have experience with either of these brands particular units?

Jack

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks