(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Third party 3" flush valves

Retired Machine Repairman wptski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadnashua View Post
    Toto (at least in the USA) uses rebranded Korky stuff for the most part. You can buy the same thing at Lowes and many other sources, but it will say Korky for Toto rather than being labeled Toto.
    The Lowels that I shop at carries Korky but nothing in 3". HD has the Fluidmaster 540AKR. Have to peek on the next flush but I doubt if the flapper is of the adjustable type, sure was nothing about that in the AS Cadet 3 install instructions.

Googling the Korky 5030BP or 3" version finds next to nothing. Your making it sound like it can be purchased easily but that's not the case.
    Bill
    Retired Machine Repairman
    Just a DIY'r

Well...the 5030bp is available online from at least one source, but you are riight it isn't widely-distributed yet. That it doesn't appear on some Tru-Value web site doesn't mean, though, that it isn't in Tru-valu hardware stores.

In any event, I notice that one of our contributors reported back in September that he used it on one of his toilets. I just didn't pay attention to the reference to 3" and to 5030BP at the time.

Retired Machine Repairman wptski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjcandee View Post
    Well...the 5030bp is available online from at least one source, but you are riight it isn't widely-distributed yet. That it doesn't appear on some Tru-Value web site doesn't mean, though, that it isn't in Tru-valu hardware stores.

In any event, I notice that one of our contributors reported back in September that he used it on one of his toilets. I just didn't pay attention to the reference to 3" and to 5030BP at the time.
    If True Value is like ACE and Lowes/HD also many products that are online aren't in the stores. I think that I have a long drive to find a True Value Hardware in my area.

I checked my AS Cadet 3 Fluidmaster 540AKR-like flush valve and to my surprise, it does have the adjustable flapper. Now, does this mean that I could "try" to decrease my 1.6gpf downward towards 1.28gpf doing trial/error?
    Bill
    Retired Machine Repairman
    Just a DIY'r