Seal Well Entry

Users who are viewing this thread

troutster

Reaction score
Hi,

After hurricane sandy I noticed that where the well pipe enters my basement there was a small puddle. I noticed a drip that appeared to be coming from where the well pipe (PVC) entered the basement through the foundation.

Today I went for a closer look. The concrete around the well pipe is in fact nice and tight with no cracks or openings. I did, with this closer look, see that there is a second, smaller pipe (maybe 1/2 inch) that comes through just above the water pipe. This pipe has the wires running out to the submersible pump.

The end I can see appears to have nothing blocking it. I assume that the other end is sealed (maybe not fully, etc) since it is only a small drip. Is there something that I can put into this little tube w/ just the wires running through it to seal up the opening?

Thanks,
Scott

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Silicon works for that. But you need to find out where the water is coming from. Sometimes the water coming in the electric conduit is leaking from the pipe to the well somewhere.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
For sealing conduits, I use Gardner Bender duct seal putty. It or a variation of it can be found in most electrical supply departments.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks