shading

Users who are viewing this thread

godsplumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
photo.jpg

My friends brewery. I have to tell my friend, his plumber is not a plumber. I want to give him a correction list of what I see is wrong so far. But I don't want to suggest the sand shading because of cost, even though if it were my system I would do it. I would rather he wait for the inspector to tell him if he has to do it. Not sure if this picture will show up. There are rebar hooks epoxied in slab because they are pouring 6 more inches of concrete on top. May I get opinions of sanding the trenches. Thanks.

godsplumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
photo.jpg
the plumber I am questioning did not do the trench layout, the guy that did the layout left the job.

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
Sand shading?

Just cut the corner off that slab near the 90 and use two 45s instead...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I don't do "sand shading". I use the excavated material for the backfilling. It looks like he uses a long radius bend for the horizontal turn, but a medium radius for the turn up, instead of the LR which is required. From what I can see of the trenches in the first picture, someone may have done a very poor job of planning the piping. It would be interesting to see a drawing of the final job to see if the piping is even installed correctly. Someone REALLY believed that a 6" slab on top of a concrete slab was going to "move" so the put the hooks, a lot of hooks, in the lower slab??????

Last edited:

godsplumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I won't suggest it. I will see if I can take a picture of the approved plan.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks