Slow dry PVC cement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Syncman

Reaction score
Hot tub repair, 2" PVC manifold fittings that cracked in winter, due to control failure.Had to cut off 2" pipe flush with manifold, and pipes have very little flex, or space, so my thought is slip an "internal repair coupling" into the pipe on one side, line up other pipe and slide half way back. Obviously regular PVC cement will grab too quickly, so I need some sort of adhesive that will give me time to maneuver things into place. I am NO plumber. Removing the fittings and replacing them is problematic, as these 5 port manifolds each have 5 pipes that then need replacing. Now I would have 1x2" and 10 x 1" pipes to replace plus a LOT of spray insulation stripping.

Last edited by a moderator:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Maybe it would be best to get a plumber.

Just 1 leak and you have problems.

Just thinking...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A repair coupling without the ridge in the center with standard PVC glue give you plenty of time.
You just slop the glue on on go for it. Inside the fitting and on the pipe, both surfaces.

Now looking at your pictures, that's going to be a tough job.
You may want to pick up some more flex PVC and see if you can add a bit of extra pipe in the loops.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
looking at that "tee" I cannot imagine ANY way to repair it. A standard "internal coupling will have a ridge in the center so you cannot "lose it" inside the pipe, and since that connection is "fitting to fitting" and the socket itself is cracked, your chances are almost nil.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Sounds like a job that needs a good helper.

Some would say that a helper like that doesn't have to be GOOD. Slightly naughty would be acceptable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks