(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Smallest 14" Rough-in Workable Toilet???

Question Smallest 14" Rough-in Workable Toilet???

This question has probably been asked sometime in these forums, but I'll ask again. I have a very small powder room, which needs a new toilet. I am looking for the shallowist (smallest length) toilet which has a 14" rough-in and which also functions well. Also, I really don't want to spend $500.00+ for it. Am I being unreasonable? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Seattle Mike

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Many of the Toto units use what they call a unifit adapter. The toilet comes with a "standard" 12" one, but both 10 and 14" adapters are available. Depending on the color and style, these toilets run the price range from fairly inexpensive (much less than $500) to much more.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Cool Shortest possible 14" rough- in toilet

I've looked at those adaptor toilets, and effectively what they do is adjust the legnth of the base such that a 14" rough-in nets out to over 29", I can use a 12" round front toilet, at 25.5" and that takes up less space than the 14" rough-in model. I did seem to find one of the Toto Commercial models which is designed for the 14", and is 27.5", so I'll probably go with that, unless somebody has a brainstorm! If the sink was in a different position, I use a corner toilet (have before) and they are sometimes great for those close situations.