Best Transition

Users who are viewing this thread

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
I'm replacing a sewage ejector pump and installing a "Zoeller Tri-check" at the same time.

The tri-check is a union check valve and ball valve in one unit, and is made of PVC.

The pump is cast iron, the main line I'm tying into is 3" ABS.

PVC for DWV is very uncommon here, but I'm required to have the ball-valve etc. due to local code.

The ejector is right below the 3" abs line, so I will be dumping into the top of the line w/ a wye and 1/8th bend.

There are female threads on the pump, and 2 sockets, one on either end of the tri-check.

Where would the best place to transition from PVC to ABS be? I'm not planning on using transition glue, I was thinking female PVC adapter to male ABS adapter right after the ball valve before the 1/8th bend and wye...

Is this threaded connection trustworthy?

Attachments

• zoeller_tricheck.jpg
    zoeller_tricheck.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 264
Last edited by a moderator:

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why not a shielded neoprene coupling? Much handier when (not if) the time comes to dissassemble/reassemble
the works.

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
I have a Proflex 3000-22, I wasn't sure if these were meant for discharge on pumps though?

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
Great thanks guys, I've got the coupling already but was second guessing and thought I would check in here.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks