(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Superstorm Sandy

What about renting a small car? Something better on gas? Park the truck for a while. I would lend you mine, lol, but, warning, there is no working heater, defroster and it needs an exhaust system, lol. but, it is good on gas.

Well, those with Lymphoma or blood cancers cannot get the Shingles vaccine, or I would had been the first person in line. We, can't get any live vaccine, which leaves out most, including the one I really need. I had wanted to work part time in the school system and had to prove I am seaworthy, well, I didn't float. The test proved, 700.00 later, out of pocket 700.00; that I am without antibodies to anything, nothing, zip, nada, zilch. It is amazing. lol. They detected I had mumps, which I did when much younger, whooping cough when much younger, and measles countless times, yet! I am without the capability to fight: Measles, Rubella,Varicell-Zoster, Mumps, Whooping Cough, off. And, Hepatitis, which I am able to get the vaccine to due to, it is a deaden virus. The rest is a no-no, for those like me. I can't work with kids or the school. The principal was willing to look the other way, but, was afraid for me, and after some thought, I was afraid for me,, imagine, all those diseases what that would do to my complexion. So, I passed. Life can be unfair, all depends on how you view it. I consider it a gift, for I know first hand how others can feel, and that makes me a better person. Except for relatives, lol.

I get Shingles on Tim's birthday every year, now, this is the third year. I think, that is a lousy present to me, lol. I am told seriously, it is from stress. I get stress-related shingles. Dig that. Other people get migraines, ulcers, they drink, take drugs, have affairs, get road rage, I get shingles... lol.
    Last edited by Cookie; 11-05-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Now, those gas lines, if someone would come around and have a big coffee urn, and offer people coffee while waiting, people get sociable. Instead of maybe, punching or pulling a gun on someone, they might talk and become social. Ever see those on the interstates at the truck stops? This won't last forever, things will get better there, but, in the meantime, maybe, the owners of the stations could offer free drinks/and take donations for the coffee.

A simple cup of coffee, or a bottle of water, can defuse a situation and perhaps, save a life otherwise, when, someone flips out standing there when someone jumps in front of him.

Small things really matter.
    Last edited by Cookie; 11-05-2012 at 05:09 PM.

But, then, sometimes, there is just that person... like last week, (at my part time job) some other employee didn't take this man's special order right on his uniform, and, I was there, at the wrong time, so, he called me, an "idiot." I waited until, he got mostly out the door, and I saluted him. lol. No bottled up rage here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    But, then, sometimes, there is just that person... like last week, (at my part time job) some other employee didn't take this man's special order right on his uniform, and, I was there, at the wrong time, so, he called me, an "idiot." I waited until, he got mostly out the door, and I saluted him. lol. No bottled up rage here.

We all have to "make concessions" to our customers. Your example guy is an a-hole for sure, though.

Now, most gas stations can't get gasoline because there is a shortage of Ethanol, and gasoline is not allowed to be sold locally here (due to EPA restrictions) without 10% ethanol. It gets worse and worse Cookie.
    I was able to handle crap like this much better years ago. As one man in the video says "now we'v been reduced to this". Its much worse than it looks in the video though. right now about 80% of gas stations have no gas, and those that do, have very long lines, and unless you are near the fron of that line, you may not get to the pump before they run out, after having waited HOURS on line. Talk about flying tempers!

see this video from a local TV station here.. http://www.news12.com/articleDetail....news_type=news

By the way, my truck is only a compact pickup, but it does not get good mileage. My wife has a Mazda 6 that does much better.
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

Quote Originally Posted by BobL43 View Post
    We all have to "make concessions" to our customers. Your example guy is an a-hole for sure, though.

Now, most gas stations can't get gasoline because there is a shortage of Ethanol, and gasoline is not allowed to be sold locally here (due to EPA restrictions) without 10% ethanol. It gets worse and worse Cookie.
    I was able to handle crap like this much better years ago. As one man in the video says "now we'v been reduced to this". Its much worse than it looks in the video though. right now about 80% of gas stations have no gas, and those that do, have very long lines, and unless you are near the fron of that line, you may not get to the pump before they run out, after having waited HOURS on line. Talk about flying tempers!

see this video from a local TV station here.. http://www.news12.com/articleDetail....news_type=news

By the way, my truck is only a compact pickup, but it does not get good mileage. My wife has a Mazda 6 that does much better.
    Yeah, he was, alittle stressed out, lol. Someone must had stolen all his uniforms while he was sleeping. And, trust me, he wouldn't look good naked. Way back in high school my IQ was 140, if those numbers matter any. I would be car pooling with the wife in the Mazda and going out only when necessary. It won't last forever, nothing does, not good or bad. I think, your people of the state, should be lining up outside the governor's office to show their support to allow the gas to be sold without the Ethanol, for now. It would be short-term.

Getting the Salvation Army in there to help out with coffee and a few good, cookies, wouldn't hurt.

Here you go Bob, I got a prescription patch called in for me, for the aftermath of these shingles, 290.00 bucks, LOL... my prescription company won't pay for them. The good news? At least they will work... the patches, not the company. Good thing, Tim only has one birthday a year, I couldn't afford two.
    Last edited by Cookie; 11-06-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Now, Bob, did you read per chance that gas is being sold on Craig's list for I think.... I read, 130 bucks a gallon?

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Now, Bob, did you read per chance that gas is being sold on Craig's list for I think.... I read, 130 bucks a gallon?

LOL Cookie

Things weren't bad enough here. Had a Nor'Easter that dumped almost 6 inches of snow. Normally, 6 inches is no big deal here, but it certainly does no good for buying non-available gas, and makes it more miserable if possible for those poor people that lost their homes and/or still have no power or heat. I think there are still 200,000 people here without power. So, so sad

LOL Cookie

I read something, somewhere, about it being sold, can't remember the cost; now, I checked and saw some on Craig's for 15 bucks a gallon, but, the ones I saw were flagged, and taken down.

Things weren't bad enough here. Had a Nor'Easter that dumped almost 6 inches of snow. Normally, 6 inches is no big deal here, but it certainly does no good for buying non-available gas, and makes it more miserable if possible for those poor people that lost their homes and/or still have no power or heat. I think there are still 200,000 people here without power. So, so sad
    Well, hopefully, it won't last long.

Now, most gas stations can't get gasoline because there is a shortage of Ethanol, and gasoline is not allowed to be sold locally here (due to EPA restrictions) without 10% ethanol. It

Bob, AFAIK that corn gas has been lifted (for now).
    Now if I had a 1000 Gallon Underground tank, man would I hoarde me some good ole fashion MTBE gas and just *top* it off with Nitrogen...to keep things fresh

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    Bob, AFAIK that corn gas has been lifted (for now).
    Now if I had a 1000 Gallon Underground tank, man would I hoarde me some good ole fashion MTBE gas and just *top* it off with Nitrogen...to keep things fresh
    IO use STABIL to keep my big stash (5 gallons, lol) fresh. It works great for up to 2 years at double dose.

IO use STABIL to keep my big stash (5 gallons, lol) fresh. It works great for up to 2 years at double dose.
    Nice to hear that you made it Bob.

I can not believe that they let the Shuttle get damaged after Houston gave it to them.

Houston was just sending them a little of what they wanted.

Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

I hope New York enjoys what we gave them...

After all they did ask for it.
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
    Nice to hear that you made it Bob.

I can not believe that they let the Shuttle get damaged after Houston gave it to them.

Houston was just sending them a little of what they wanted.

Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

I hope New York enjoys what we gave them...

After all they did ask for it.
    http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/shuttle/home.aspx

There is so much else going on with damage to property and loss of life, I have heard ABSOLUTELY NADA about the Entrepid museum and the Enterprise. I was first able to buy gasoline yesterday from a Mobil station run by furriners from Dunkin Donutville that were charging rip off prices, but I was happy to fill up anyway. I won't even report them for price gouging because they were "within the max price range" in my area. They charged 30 cents a gallon more than the average local price, but, hey, I got my fuel for another week and a half or so. They (the friggin news media) don't be surprised if the gasoline lines are still around for another few weeks.

Odd and even days? yeah right? nobody to enforce them, and with fights breaking out at gas stations for smaller wrongs, its bad.
    We New Yorkers aren't open carry, and most criminals carry handguns, legal or not. concealed or not.

Thursday we had a Nor-Easter that brought us freezing temps and left us covered in snow. The Red Cross still needs money to provide food, shelter and clothing for many thousands here. Not many of us have time to think about the museum at pier 86 in NYC.

Thanks for the Enterprise. I'll look at it next Summer, I guess. I paid for it too

Still 135 thousand people without power here 12 days after the storm.

I am truly lucky and ever so grateful that me and my family have power.

It is those times which show what someone is made of, Bob. Some people will take advantage or hurt anyone. In my eyes, they are wasting their lives, they are missing the point to it.