Low water pressure, pressure tank gauge

Users who are viewing this thread

epeloke

Reaction score
Hello,

Today, we noticed our water pressure was extremely low. I checked out pressure tank and the gauge read 50 PSI. I turned on the spigot outside and the gauge instantly dropped to 10 psi, I turned it off and it jumped right back up to 50 psi. Any ideas as to what could be the issue and how I can get our water pressure back to normal?

Thanks!

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
It's not a pressure problem but rather a volume problem. You need to determine what is limiting the volume.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Where is the gauge relative to the tank and spigot? What is between them that could restrict flow?

Maybe the bladder is busted and blocking the outlet of the tank. Have you tested the integrity of the bladder?

What is the pump doing during the draw test?

epeloke

Reaction score
I have not yet tested the integrity of the bladder. I'm not sure how to do that but am looking it up now.

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks