Pitless adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Kodiakan

Reaction score
I have a 150 ft well with a submersible pump. My pitless adapter is allowing surface water to trickle in. I am going to replace it as it is several decades old. I was wondering if there is an obvious "best" adapter available or if several companies make (sell) them. Thanks for your help.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
What type of pitless do you have now? There are several different types and configurations. How about a picture?

bcpumpguy

Reaction score
I'd be suprised if you pitless actually leaks surface water, maybe a leak in the o'ring so maybe leaking well water back down the well. If it leaks it basically means that whoever put it in did a really shotty job. You'll probably have to weld on a patch where it currently is. As far as pitless adpaters go, i really dont have a preference, usually get the cheapest.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks