How professional are these plumbing waste and vents?

Users who are viewing this thread

Joallen001

Reaction score
I am going to try and touch base with code enforcement on Monday. I talked with the local plumbing supply house and they are not aware of any required inspections.
As far as electricaly go it always gets inspected on a new home and a remodel. We started pulling wire yesterday. The first inspection is a rough-in inspection and then they come back for a final. I really appreciate the feedback you all have given. Does anyone think I should confront the plumbers first even let them read what is said here? Giving them a chance to make it right, or should I just go straight to code enforcement?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I tend to believe that the "plumbers" you hired do not know how to do it correctly, so they just did it the way they know. It is possible that they don't understand the plumbing code and the reasoning behind it. Having no enforcement from the jurisdiction, they might have plumbed every job they have ever worked this same way, and thought whey were doing good.

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
If those guys are actually just plain ignorant, then it would seem they must have, for their entire lives, actively avoided looking at any instructional material, talking
with anyone knowedgeable of plumbing, reading any relevant instructions, asking any questions, etc., etc. That is extremely hard to believe. And if so, how in the
world could they possibly call themselves plumbers in any non-fraudulent way? I think it far more likely they are just plain crooks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
How in the world could they possibly call themselves plumbers in any non-fraudulent way? I think it far more likely they are just plain crooks.

I agree. That is the work hack job I have ever seen. Someone needs to pull their business license!
If they don't want to learn how to plumb, they should go back to mowing lawns.

Bluebinky

Reaction score
My house just outside Waxahachie, TX was built (1985) without any permits or inspections. As far as I can tell, they did a pretty good job of following the building codes. Certainly better than what is shown here!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; since they say they are the professional plumbers and you can vent into an attic.

I had a customer call because they were getting sewer gas odors in the house. After extensive checking, I discovered that the roofers had cut one vent so it vented into the attic, because it would have come through the roof in a "bad place". The sewer gases were being carried down the walls and out of any openings, such as electrical outlets. Venting into an attic is NEVER an acceptable practice and NO competent plumber would do it. Even an AAV would be preferable to an open pipe in the attic.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks