slow close toilet seat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Spokaneman

Reaction score
I just purchased two TOTO's from Terry Love with the TOTO "soft close seat". They work very well and are just cool enough to encourage me to close the lid after use, a trick my wife has been trying to teach me for 30 years. The only down side to them is they seem to have a bit of lateral play in them that does not exist in regular seats. The first impression is that maybe the mounting bolts are loose, but that is just the way they work I guess. It will be interesting to see how long they retain the soft close feature.

At $50 each they are a bit pricy, but since I was spending premium money for the toilets, I figured "what the heck".

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There's at least one other manufacturer that makes a similar seat....don't remember the name.

BTW, while I've not seen one, apparantly, Toto makes two different soft-close series (not counting the bidet seats) - I think that one may be heavier duty than the other. Some of the reason the seat has some side-to-side is the rubber expansion bolts that you use to attach it. Doesn't bother me, but does my mother a little.

Spokaneman

Reaction score
Good point on the rubber mounting retainers. I had to use standard bolts on one of the two TOTO's I installed because the rubber ones were not in the bolt kit. That one is in the kid's bath so I've never used it. I will try it and see if it feels tighter.

I have learned to sit still, so its not a problem.

Alleycat

Reaction score
we got them and love them - one warning - we have three toilets and only spent the extra money for the two main bathrooms that we use. Now I always forget that the guest bath doesn't have one, and when I clean it it, I flick the seat down thinking it will close slowly, and instead it crashes down onto the bowl.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That makes me laugh!

I know exactly what you mean.
I've got one bathroom that I try toilets out in, and of course I have to remember it has a banging seat.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks