Resin replacement mesh size

Users who are viewing this thread

Dirtmover

Reaction score
I've got a 13 year old GE water softener. Yeah, I know you probably all hate them but it has run flawlessly since I repaired the metering turbine 11 years ago. The softening capacity, however, is not what it once was and I'm assuming the resin may have reached the end of its life.

I coincidentally happened across some resin locally at a great price which I snapped up but didn't realise that I was buying fine mesh and this softener has standard mesh out of the factory. Can this fine mesh resin be used in the softener or do I need a new screen and/or gravel bed?

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
A god awful mess. That stuff gets into the dishwasher solenoid, the washing machine, ice maker, toilet fill valves. It can cost a whole lot of money to have a plumber flush that stuff from the system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks