KDF Application

Users who are viewing this thread

themitch

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for more information on using KDF-85 on a sulfur containing well water. I would like to know how well this works in conjunction with a GAC filter to provide filtered drinking water.

Thank You,
Brian

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
KDF85 works very well for H2S removal, but... it requires considerable backwash water to do this. Check out the links, these will have the exact specifications you need to determine if KDF85 is right for you. If you have the backwash water available, then it may be an excellent choice and will provide many years of service, with very little maintenance. It is also an expensive media, but since many customers can get away with just using a single backwash tank without any chemicals, contact tanks, etc, the price may not be so bad.

http://www.kdfft.com/success_hydrogen.htm
http://www.kdfft.com/images/kdf_POESheet.pdf

themitch

Reaction score
Due to the pump in the well, I have no where near enough power for a proper back-flush. That is why I am looking to set up a small system for a small point of use. This filter setup would be for a water tap on a sink. In addition to this, I like experimenting with things. What I am looking for is getting 2 10" cartridge filter housings, a refillable cartridge, and a 1 micron ceramic filter. What I would like to experiment with is using a combination of the KDF-85 and some sort of carbon in the refillable cartridge, then after have the ceramic filter. The ceramic filter to clean out the IRB and what ever precipitates there will be, such as the copper monosulfide and ferric hydroxide.

Brian

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks