I can't get this p-trap unscrewed.

Users who are viewing this thread

lukers

Reaction score
Any suggestions for removing this drain?

Attachments

• luker_drain.jpg
    luker_drain.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 547
Last edited by a moderator:

lukers

Reaction score
I am sorry sire, these are troubling times in the kingdom and your year spent tirelessly honing your craft on a forum shouldn't be wasted on a newbie. I am sorry to waste your time.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It looks like you have already removed the slip joint nut, leaving only the brass ferrule behind. If you are removing the p-trap, then it's at the point where you can just pull it out now.

Coming from the santee, you have a short galvanized nipple, then a brass trap adapter that should have had a brass ferrule and a slip joint nut. You may need to muscle it out of there.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You may NOT be able to just pull it out. There is a lot of corrosion on the tubing inside the pipe. You can try twisting and pulling it so you scrape the stuff off, or cut the tubing at the face of the brass fitting and cut the brass tubing out with a hammer and screwdriver, or just unscrew the brass trap adapter and then remove the tubing or install a new adapter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks