Question about connecting 2" wet vent to the 3" branch that it will serve

Users who are viewing this thread

James Andereggen

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am turning my old master bedroom into a new master bath and need some advice on wet venting connections. I have a 1 1/2" vent through the roof feeding the lav sink, 2" inch below the sanitary T into the crawlspace. It will connect to the 3" branch, about 2-3' downstream of the WC. The tub and shower drains will connect to the 3" shortly downstream of the wet vent connection, and the 3" will enter the main stack. My question is, does the 2" wet vent to 3" require the Y to be horizontal or rotated above centerline of the 3"? Also, do the tub and shower drains tie in horizontally, or should it come in from above? The wet vent will be serving a WC, tub and shower. Trap arms to the 3" for the tub and shower are 3' or less. Thanks for your help! If you know where I might view a diagram as well, let me know.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks