1" PEX or 1" PVC when hooking up new softener?

Users who are viewing this thread

JoshB-NC

Reaction score
All the current connections and piping in my well house are 1" PVC. The softener and Filox filter are both 1" pipe connections. I have been told by numerous people to use PEX instead of PVC. I have the pex tool and I have done plumbing with both. Its just that the ID of the pex is quite a bit smaller than PVC. Does it matter??

Its a well system JRD10 pump 30/50psi.

JoshB-NC

Reaction score
The well house has the jet pump and bladder tank all plumbed with pvc. The pvc then goes through the slab of the well house under ground 80' or so to the house.

I was going to use 1" pex from water pump to filter and softener then tie back into the larger 1" PVC where it exits the pump house.

I just want to make sure I am not going to lose volume or pressure inside our house because the 1" pex is quite a bit smaller than 1" PVC (ID).

Maybe its a dumb question? I just want to do it right!

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ya can't use PVC inside the house but you can in the well house (go figure) so since everything else is PVC you might as well stick with it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks