Pex ring removal tool (Sharkbite 23055) Adjustable or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Its.me.again

Reaction score
I am new to pex tools (I am just a homeowner) but am buying some for working on friends mobile home water lines.

OK..... so I buy the 23055 pex ring remover tool at one Home Depot store. Then I go to another different Home depot store in the area a couple of months later and see the same tool, but this one has a tiny plus/minus knob to adjust the cut.

Which one of these a newer version of the same tool? Also is this tool used to cut both "Crimp" and "Clamp" bands?

Even when I look on the Sharkbite website I swear I am looking at misrepresented pictures of products. Like they show the Crimp ring tool pictured with clamps...etc.

Thank you

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The clamp//cinch rings, which I think you are referring to, are stainless steel so it is unlikely the ring removal tool would cut them. I can't imagine why the removal tool would have a +/- setting because all it has to do is cut through the ring into the tubing, which is NOT a precise cut, since you already has to cut the tubing at the fitting to get into it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks