Maintenace on Panasonic WhisperLite Bathroom Fan

Users who are viewing this thread

DanMcD

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these fans are easy to maintain? My past experience with some fans say they nned to be cleaned frequently and sometimes need the blower motor replaced. So I was wondering how easy it would be to remove the blower wheel to clean it and also the motor to replace it.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these fans are easy to maintain? My past experience with some fans say they nned to be cleaned frequently and sometimes need the blower motor replaced. So I was wondering how easy it would be to remove the blower wheel to clean it and also the motor to replace it.

The Fan is very easy to take apart and clean. I have done it four times on my own home fan (11 years old) and have done it about six times for clients. I take pictures of the process so I remember how to put it back together but it is a very simple process. On one job we ran the pieces through the dishwasher after a token clean and the parts looked brand new.

JW

DanMcD

Reaction score
Terry, JW,

Thanks much for the info......just what I wanted to hear. Do either of you know where to get replacement parts? I can not seem to find them on the internet.

Dan

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Terry, JW,

Thanks much for the info......just what I wanted to hear. Do either of you know where to get replacement parts? I can not seem to find them on the internet.

Dan

Call a few electrical wholesalers - any one selling Panasonic should be able to order the parts for you.

I find that it often is like pulling teeth to get help on something so little. I normally ask for the rep's name and then email him directly.

The amount of paperwork and bother to order a few screws it's not uncommon for a sales clerk to be a little "Unhelpful".

JW

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks