(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New water well

+1. I won't use poly.

Quote Originally Posted by craigpump View Post
    No you can get poly in 100', 200', 300', 400, & 500' rolls. You need to use a male x insert adapter that is made of the same material the pump is. For example, stainless pump, stainless adapter. But for a few dollars more you can buy sch 80.

I have heard of people screwing sch 80 together on the ground and running it in, but I have never done it.

Personally, I hate seeing a submersible in a well hung on poly. The stuff is designed for being in a trench. Why? Go pull out a few hundred feet of poly. In addition to the stuff having a memory and wanting to curl up, it's all over the yard, in the dirt & dog crap, the wire gets knots in it...... Sch 80 can be laid out on blocks to keep it out of the dirt, you can get the wire taped off so there is no slack, the wire can be rolled up on a reel when the pump needs to be changed....it's just makes for a nicer, cleaner, more professional installation with a far less chance of picking up and transferring surface contamination to the well.

LOL @ that P5, and I thought my Up Z Dazy was a piece of crap........

I would like to thank every one for there replies. I think I will let the well guy set the pump, it will cost more then if I did it but it will be cheaper then a hospital bill.

I do have one other question. The well will be used to water two lawns no in house use. One of the houses will need 300' of pipe run to get water to the house. The well guy is saying that I should use a 1.5 hp 22 gallon per min.pump what do you guys think ? There is about a 4' rise from the well to the end of the 300'. This pipe will be feeding 3/4'' pipe. I under stand the well tank has 1.25'' outlet. Should I use 1'' or 1 1/4 pipe for the 300' ?

We will not water on the same day's.

Thanks
    Dennis
    Last edited by dENNIS MEYER; 10-21-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Good choice getting your driller to set the pump, that's what we do for a living!

I think the well needs to be drilled before you size the pump.