Grinder pump alarm- how to troubleshoot

Users who are viewing this thread

Mplsmatt

Reaction score
Hello- we are staying a friend's cabin and the alarm on top of the circuit box for their grinder pump went off. I don't want to call the owner to bother them and I am trying to troubleshoot the alarm.

The circuit box outside is a hydromatic but not sure of the actual pump specs. The documentation inside the box didn't provide any clue. I did cycle the circuit to see if I could reset the alarm but when I powered back on the alarm was still going. Looking online, it appears the alarm may be a high water level issue or perhaps a bad alarm switch but I cannot find any troubleshooting documentation online.

Anyone have suggestions for how I should proceed? Thanks much!

Mplsmatt

Reaction score
Also is there any danger to the pump itself if I leave it powered while I figure out how to troubleshoot? The "pump on" indicator light inside the circuit box is lit but I cannot hear the pump running. Just worried I will fry the pump if I don't cut the power. Thanks

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The alarm goes off because the liquid level inside the basin is too high. This could be because the pump or switch has failed. The only way to find the answer is to open up the basin.

Unless you relish the thought of working in a sewage basin, you should probably check with the owner before getting in over your head.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks