Air Ease Furnace Cycling

Users who are viewing this thread

Schieftain

Reaction score
We have an Air Ease Ultra80 oil furnace. (combo forced air heat/AC system). Model # LUF80A112/125D20-2 A

Last summer I installed a LUX programmable thermostat (TX9100E).

Had no issues with cooling in summer.

Now that the heat is coming on, I noticed the furnace is cycling differently than before.

The furnace always had a purge cycle at the end of the heat cycle, but now the unit is going through a short cycle BEFORE the heat cycle as well: the furnace fan comes on, runs for a few seconds (with NO HEAT produced), then shuts off. Then, a few seconds later, the fan AND burner come on, run the normal heat cycle, then a purge.

So, I'm getting a very short cycle of just the fan running, then shutting off, before I get a normal heat cycle. Make sense?

Any suggestions?

I tried changing the temp swing range on the stat, but that didn't have any effect.

I was also wondering if this is could be a two-stage furnace, and I need to wire the stat differently. Nothing in the furnace manual talks about it being a 2-stage, so I wired the stat according to instructions for a single-stage system. How do I confirm if this furnace is a single stage?

:confused:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks