Old Sink -- Standard Faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm considering purchasing this old sink. I don't have details such as manufacturer, casting date, dimensions, etc. yet. I did notice that it seems to have a bit of a funny hole in the center. Is this a non-standard pattern for a faucet? What are the thoughts on old fixtures?

20121014_141026_zps95fd328b.jpg

Thx,
Jason

Last edited by a moderator:

Killer95Stang

Reaction score
That sink has a standard 2 hole faucet arrangement. The third hole is used for the pop-up lever and will be covered by the center section of the faucet. I did a quick search for a google image to use as an example, but not one sink came up without a faucet already installed. I guess that's why you don't recognize the third hole, since you probably always see a sink with a faucet installed.

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
If the outer two holes are 4" CxC you are good to go.

You know ... I could believe that these are 4" on center. Didn't measure, but if that leg is about 1" in width it probably is. Is that a common size?

That sink has a standard 2 hole faucet arrangement. The third hole is used for the pop-up lever and will be covered by the center section of the faucet. I did a quick search for a google image to use as an example, but not one sink came up without a faucet already installed. I guess that's why you don't recognize the third hole, since you probably always see a sink with a faucet installed.

Oh! That explains a lot. Great.

When were these sinks prevalent?

Thanks, guys.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks