Old Sink -- Standard Faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm considering purchasing this old sink. I don't have details such as manufacturer, casting date, dimensions, etc. yet. I did notice that it seems to have a bit of a funny hole in the center. Is this a non-standard pattern for a faucet? What are the thoughts on old fixtures?

20121014_141026_zps95fd328b.jpg

Thx,
Jason

Last edited by a moderator:

Killer95Stang

Reaction score
That sink has a standard 2 hole faucet arrangement. The third hole is used for the pop-up lever and will be covered by the center section of the faucet. I did a quick search for a google image to use as an example, but not one sink came up without a faucet already installed. I guess that's why you don't recognize the third hole, since you probably always see a sink with a faucet installed.

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
If the outer two holes are 4" CxC you are good to go.

You know ... I could believe that these are 4" on center. Didn't measure, but if that leg is about 1" in width it probably is. Is that a common size?

That sink has a standard 2 hole faucet arrangement. The third hole is used for the pop-up lever and will be covered by the center section of the faucet. I did a quick search for a google image to use as an example, but not one sink came up without a faucet already installed. I guess that's why you don't recognize the third hole, since you probably always see a sink with a faucet installed.

Oh! That explains a lot. Great.

When were these sinks prevalent?

Thanks, guys.