(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: How do I remove BLFC from Fleck 6700XTR head?

Default How do I remove BLFC from Fleck 6700XTR head?

I am trying to find out what the actual size of the BLFC is. Do I need a special tool and if so, where do I get it?

Thanks,

Chris

There should be a sticker on or close by to the brine and drain line connections that lists how many gpm slash lbs per minute. Or call the people you bought it from and ask them what's in it.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Water systems designer, R&D ditttohead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

a regular screwdriver will work. Fleck does make a special tool, but this is only really needed by the assemblers or guys whoe service them regularly. You need to remove the drain fitting from the drain/brine assembly, you will see that inside the drain port, there will be a plastic retainer with 4 slots in it. Insert a crewdriver blade into one of the slots and carefully unscrew the reateiner from the housing. Remove this part and the button will be easily removed. Remeber, number go toward the valve when ou reinstall the button. The button will have numbers on it that indicate the flow rate.

DIY Senior Member mialynette2003's Avatar

Dittohead, he was talking about the BLFC not the DLFC. The BLFC is located in the brass piece that the brine tube connects to. You would have to remocve the brass piece and inside is a white plastic holder. Use needle nose pliers to remove the plastic holder to get to the BLFC. I would not do thid because most of the time the plastic hloder is torn up trying to remove it and if you don't have a replacement, you can not put it back together. you can use a measuring cup and time it. .5 BLFC = 2 cup in 15 sec

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mialynette2003 View Post
    Dittohead, he was talking about the BLFC not the DLFC. The BLFC is located in the brass piece that the brine tube connects to. You would have to remocve the brass piece and inside is a white plastic holder. Use needle nose pliers to remove the plastic holder to get to the BLFC. I would not do thid because most of the time the plastic hloder is torn up trying to remove it and if you don't have a replacement, you can not put it back together. you can use a measuring cup and time it. .5 BLFC = 2 cup in 15 sec

LOL, thanks for that correction. I read that post after I played 2 back to back hockey games, and after a 20 hour day.

You are spot on. Remove brass fitting, needle nose... the flow rate is molded into the rubber flow controller. The sticker should tell you, or you can simply put a 5 gallon bucket and calculate the flow.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks, actually I miss-spoke and meant the DLFC, so Dittohead's response to miss-reading my message was just the ticket! Thank you both, as both pieces of info are useful.

Chris

Blog Entries

LOL, I am psychic! Here is a picture of the actual, proper tool, we modify it by jamming a Hex key into it.

Name:  dlfc tool.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  22.3 KB