WSI-CI Clack Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Brokersdad

Reaction score
Are they a good valve? I know of a system for sale privately thats brand new, never hooked up and i've been looking at getting into a newer unit from my Autotrol that's 20 years old. I am assuming this is the entry level clack valve? Any prices on what a new valve sells for approx ?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Clack is probably the best valve there is, especially for a DIYer because there are very few parts and it was designed to be the easiest to program and repair.

Entry level... the quality doesn't vary from one version to another.

Dealers are not supposed to be able to sell just a Clack valve, and I doubt you'll find any selling it online but, you say "system", I take that to mean a complete softener. If so you need to know how to correctly size a softener to know if this one fits your peak demand flow rate and salt efficiency capacity needs. You can click on the link in my signature to learn about that but what size is the one you're looking at and what is your water quality?

Brokersdad

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Gary. It is a private sale, seller says they bought it , never installed it. I'm waiting to hear back from them any details they know about it and what price they are asking for it, the add just says new never installed, 5ft high X 12 inches wide. So am I correct to say then there will be no buying parts for these valves online if needed , only from a dealer? I'm looking at your page, but being the numbskull I am, I have to keep reading it for a while for it to sink in so I can figure out how to ge it figured out accuratley.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
If you search for parts you'll find a guy in FL that sells them although he isn't supposed to be selling them or selling them online. At least that is the way it was supposed to be when they shut down internet sales of their valves in June 2010.

No you're normal, my stuff was written to make you think and study it to be able to understand it. That's the best way to learn ya know.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you search for parts you'll find a guy in FL that sells them although he isn't supposed to be selling them or selling them online. At least that is the way it was supposed to be when they shut down internet sales of their valves in June 2010.

No you're normal, my stuff was written to make you think and study it to be able to understand it. That's the best way to learn ya know.
Why won't I be able to sell Clack systems or parts. I am an authorized dealer. I don't advertise that I sell them online, but I'm told I can sell to whomever I want.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
I wasn't talking about you but since you're here...

If you don't believe me that you, a Clack distributor's dealer, are not supposed to be selling Clack valves or parts over the internet except to your internet customers needing repair parts that bought from you online prior to 6/16/2010, call Clack and ask them. I'm fairly sure they will want to know who you buy from because they will have a contract with Clack that says what I just told you.

You could read all about that in my forum on my web site.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think it depends on your definition of online sales. If you have a web site up that says you have Clack parts and such and are selling them then Clack will probably get on your case. I sell Clack parts all the time but I don't advertise online sales. I do however sell them out the door which Clack has no problem with. I mean if someone walks into the store looking for Clack parts I will sell them.......maybe, LOL some of that decision, OK a lot of that decision depends on a judgment call I make on the spot as to whether or not I think I'm gonna get them returned broken the next day LOL It's probably a fine line if you come on forums and tell the poster they can get them from you though. And I wouldn't sell stuff that I have to package and ship and insure and go through the hassle with anyway. My wife sells thousands of dollars worth of stuff on **** and I mean to tell you that the whole shipping thing takes up more time than any other part of her online store. It's a pain in the rear.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about you but since you're here...

If you don't believe me that you, a Clack distributor's dealer, are not supposed to be selling Clack valves or parts over the internet except to your internet customers needing repair parts that bought from you online prior to 6/16/2010, call Clack and ask them. I'm fairly sure they will want to know who you buy from because they will have a contract with Clack that says what I just told you.

You could read all about that in my forum on my web site.
I've always had the mind set, "If you don't want to know the answer, don't ask the question". I will continue to do what I do and not cause problems or bring attention to myself. Do you really think a distributor that sells a million dollars worth of Clack product a year is worried about being shut off?

Brokersdad

Reaction score
So is the only way you are really suppose to be able to get parts is if you buy a new system from a authorized dealer, and have that dealer come to your house when something is wrong and he/she fixes it?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks