Square D 2 pole breakers

Users who are viewing this thread

Rockycmt

Reaction score
I was in Hdepot this weekend. I was looking for a 2 pole SqrD 20Amp skinny space saver breaker. Do they make these? I see them in the other brands there.

Glennsparky

Reaction score
Call your local Square D distributer. That breaker is called a quad. Square D makes QO style and Homeline house breakers. They don't make QO quads. They may make Homeline quads.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Many SqD replecements are made by Connecticut Electric. They are UL listed replacements, and they make both the QO and Homelines, which are not interchangeable . They will be clearly labeled as to SQUARE D Type...... A thin 2 pole 20 should be available.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; That breaker is called a quad.

A "quad" is a two pole breaker with FOUR levers, not a single pole with two levers, which is what this person is asking about. Incidentally, WHY do you need this double pole breaker? Not for a 220/240 circuit, I hope. In addition, in order to limit the possibility of overloading the panel, they usually restrict the location and number of "piggy back" breakers you can install. They do not always fit in every single pole slot.

Last edited:

Glennsparky

Reaction score
Many SqD replecements are made by Connecticut Electric. They are UL listed replacements, and they make both the QO and Homelines, which are not interchangeable . They will be clearly labeled as to SQUARE D Type...... A thin 2 pole 20 should be available.
I couldn't find any Square D replacements on Connecticut Electric's website. This product
http://products.connecticut-electric.com/inventoryD.asp?item_no=UBITB220C&CatId={7DF35B55-1A7B-4294-BC01-656D1BCDF640}
may physically fit in a homeline panel, but it is not listed for it. So, not legal.

Sorry, I can't get this link to work. Can anyone help?

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Looks like I mispoke. SOMEONE makes replacements, but it appears it is not connecticut. Of course, OEM Schneider ( SQ D) are available now also. A few years ago, they were off the market because of a massive chinese forgery/fakery problem.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Glennsparky. He is looking for a single device breaker with two terminals. They can come in a "half sized" format with the two levers side by side, or piggy back with the two levers in the same plane. But in either case they are on the same polarity and only require a single slot on the panel, assuming the slot is not one which "rejects" tandems. "Quad" breakers usually have a "double pole" breaker and two single poles.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks