Battery Charger Replacement of the Zoeller 507 backup system??

Users who are viewing this thread

jucs

Reaction score
Well, I think I done goofed first when I heard a huge bang in my basement and my battery literally blew up in the case (thank goodness it was contained). I would suspect my maintenance free die hard was not truly so and the water levels got low.

I got a new battery and hooked it up. The yellow light does not come on for the charger. I would assume this means the charger is toast as well?

The problem is how to replace this charger if this is the issue. The charger is very much wired into the switch/pump so to speak in this setup.

Any ideas how to proceed with this assuming I am correct with the charger not working anymore?

Thanks!

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The charger is easy to test with a DC voltmeter if you are familiar with such.

Any 12V automatic charger will work for this system.
The "Zoeller" charger is some other brand of charger/maintainer with their label on it.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The extra (blue) lead on the Zoeller charger is for the alarm, and has nothing to do with keeping the battery charged or the operation of the backup pump. If you feel that you need the alarm function, you could buy a replacement charger from Zoeller, or you could install a separate high level alarm in your sump.

jucs

Reaction score
Thoughts on the link to the charger on Amazon? I think that would work just fine. I don't need an alarm. Thanks again for all the help....

TVL

Reaction score

Davert

Reaction score
This is a fine thread but the illustrations are dead links, hate to reopen after ten years, but... the fused link that connects to the float goes to the POSITIVE lead on the battery?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks