strange pressure change

Users who are viewing this thread

michaedt

Reaction score
Yesterday I finished replacing my steel supply lines with copper...many thanks to so many who answered my questions as I went along. Wow, what a great difference.

I am having a problem with my kitchen faucet (which is an area that had already been replaced with copper and worked great, until now). The cold water runs normal when the cold handle is half on. If I go beyond the halfway point, the pressure drops to zero and the water trickles out. I haven't taken apart the faucet yet. I also notice that the pressure on the hot water side is not nearly as strong as the water pressure in the bathroom. The kitchen supply lines come after the bathroom, but when nothing is running in the bathroom, the kitchen should have full pressure....correct?

Thanks

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like your faucet is plugged with debris. Disconnect the flex lines to it and hold them in a bucket while someone turns the water on. If the flow is good, you're problem is definitely the faucet. Pressure/volume should not change with water being used elsewhere.

michaedt

Reaction score
test lines

That makes sense. I'll check the flex lines first and go from there. I'm not sure of the make of the faucet...I know its very old. I'll check when I get home. Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks