Water pipe size for washer

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr Russ

Reaction score
I was thinking of running hot water to my washer and ive got a 20 gallon water heater that serves only my dishwasher. The washer is about 35 ft away from the water heater. If I 'T' off near the water heater with 1/2'' cpvc, would that supply enough hot water to the washer?

Just wondering if this is a good idea or not. I can run it off my main water heater but i really didnt want to. thanks

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
1/2" cpvc is smallish for almost anything in a house but one sink ( remember that it equates nearer to 3/8" copper). In the case of a washing machine, if fills by level so it will work, just slow. SInce you can only get about 10 to 15 gallons of hot water from that tank, that would preclude doing "all hot" loads, but does anyone wash in hot anymore?????

pipe_size_2.jpg

pipe_size_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Russ

Reaction score
Ive lived in the house since '97 and all its had is cold water. I am in an extensive remodel so i thought i might as well bring it some warm water. Its a front loader so it might not use as much water, from what ive read anyway.

I didnt want to run 3/4'' cause i feel i will be 'wasting' all the 'extra' hot water in the line. not sure tho.

thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks